Sunday, July 28, 2013

8 Weeks

This was a pretty significant week for Baby!  We went to our first doctor appointment and found out that baby is 8 weeks along, has an official due date of March 1, 2014, AND we got our first ultrasound picture!

According to my new favorite pregnancy website (thebump.com):

At 8 weeks Baby is:


  • The size of a raspberry:   .04 ounces and .63 inches and growing about a millimeter each day.
  • Moving those tiny arms and legs like crazy!
  • Has fingers and toes that are now only slightly webbed, and tail (yes, had one) is gone.
  • Fun fact: Baby's taste buds are now forming.

Week 8 in Review:

  • Biggest part of the week was Baby's doctor appointment and finding out the due date, seeing the ultrasound, and hearing the heart beat!
  • I continue to feel overall pretty good.  However, I think I might be sleeping through any morning sickness I could be experiencing.   With my summer vacation schedule, I tend to sleep in until at least 9 on a daily basis.  Well, Thursday I had to be at school early to help with interviewing--therefore I had to get up around 6.  I definitely noticed a difference that morning and didn't feel the greatest.  I held it together and was fine, but felt sort of icky that morning.
  • I had my first craving--STRAWBERRIES--yep, I wanted them and wanted them ASAP!!!
  • By morning, I am starving and more than ready for breakfast!
  • Along with the food topic, I definitely am feeling more hungry lately, but it is sort of frustrating, because I am hungry, but I don't really know what I'm hungry for and normal things just don't seem overly appealing?!  I am still really conscious about the food I eat (wanting to get good nutrients, etc, for baby).  I also have a tendency to want meat!  I miss tuna.  The doctor said I can have one fish per week (limited due to the mercury levels in a lot of fish).  I did have a can of tuna this week and it was delicious, but I probably won't make it a habit. 
  • I sort of freaked out in my mind when I was at school doing those interviews this week and our lunch was this huge deli sandwich.  I had read that pregnant people shouldn't eat lunch meat due to a bacteria in it that could be harmful.  Well, I didn't really have any alternative and I was super hungry, so I ate it!  Hopefully that is ok?!

  • I also had fun going to the Glenwood street dance on Friday--Johnny Holms--my FAVORITE band!  I did have moments that made me feel sort of sad though, because I kept thinking that this might be my last dance before I am big, tired, and overly pregnant.  I don't necessarily like the atmosphere of dances, but I sure do love music and dancing.  I also freaked out a little whenever we were around a smoker...it drives me CRAZY and whenever I see a smoker, I want nothing more than to shove their dang cigarettes up their butt!!!  My baby does NOT need to breath that horrible stuff!!!
  • I don't think I see much of  a baby bump yet.  I think it was this past Thursday, I looked down and swore I noticed my belly being bigger, but then the next morning I looked normal??  I think it's mostly in my head, but maybe if I examine my belly really close it is a little bigger?  I don't know??!!
8 weeks

  

No comments:

Post a Comment