Sunday, July 28, 2013

First Craving???

Well, as noted before, I've felt pretty normal during the first month of pregnancy--a few tired days and some emotional days--but pretty normal. No food cravings...up until last night!! Let me set the background story--

 I was SUPER tired Saturday, because we went to Johnny Holms with friends Friday night and got to bed REALLY late! 

Side note--Johnny Holms was AWESOME!! I danced up a storm--realizing that Johnny might be the last entertainment I can dance to without having a big belly on me!  We went with Trevor and Nikki and it was a good time! 

Back to the original story--after our company left Saturday around noon, I felt like a zombie--I tried to take a nap, but couldn't really sleep--errrg...I was sort of beside myself! Well, it got to be about 9:30 p.m. and Mike wanted to grab a snack and go downstairs to watch a tv show. I felt hungry, but after searching the fridge and all of our cupboards--there was NOTHING I wanted to eat!! There was NOTHING I wanted at the time except STRAWBERRIES!!! I REALLY wanted strawberries!!! I sat on the bar stool in the kitchen almost in tears, because I was so unbelievably tired, but just wanted strawberries SO badly! Mike--probably thinking I had completely lost my marbles--asked, Well, do you want to run into Fergus for strawberries?!!" 

I'm pretty level headed and always money conscious, etc--running into Fergus at 9:45 p.m. for strawberries---NONSENSE! However, there was nothing more I wanted at the time other than a juicy, sweet strawberry!! "Yea, let's go to town!" 

Mike looked at me with wide eyes and a half-way grin and said, "Ok, go get your flip-flops on... I'll go get my billfold and we'll go get strawberries!"

So, to sum things up--we drove 20 miles to Fergus at 10:00 p.m. to buy strawberries. Yep, I fully understand now that  being pregnant might be equivalent at times to being crazy!!!! BUT I must say, those strawberries tasted AMAZING and gave baby some nutritious vitamins, so the spontaneous trip wasn't taken in vain! ; ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment