All week long I have been excited to do this and trying to come up with fun ways to break the news. However, last night my throat started hurting really bad. When Mike came to bed, he said I felt really warm and thought I might have a fever! GREAT! : ( Well, when I woke up this morning, I took my temperature, and sure enough, it was 100.5. My throat hurt, but I knew I had people coming over and I knew what a fun and exciting day it was going to be, so I got out of bed and tried to ignore the way I felt. I normally would have taken something for the sore throat and fever, but now being pregnant, I figured I couldn't.
I got up and started getting everything ready. Mike and I had to run into Fergus for a few extra things. By 11:00 I was NOT feeling very good--SO tired and achy--hot and cold---the fever was still there. Well, I have a lot of ambition and tried to ignore it as people started to arrive. By 3:00 all of our guests had arrived and Mike said I should go ahead and tell them the news. I gathered everyone inside and handed out the 4th of July cards/pregnancy announcements. Missy was standing by with the camera, but I forgot to put the battery in (I must have REALLY been sick), so she only got a few pictures, but Mike also tried to video their reactions. Baba was first to react and came right over and gave me a hug. Oath was next and she was also very excited, as was Tracey.
There was a lot of excitement in the room and again Mike and I had to tell the story about when we found out, etc. I also took my red t-shirt off to display my 4th of July tank top that had a ribbon around my waist that said, "American Child: My 1st 4th of July In Mommy's Tummy". I also had the Phil Vassar song "American Child" playing in the background! : )
I also then displayed a cute 4th of July decoration I came up with that had our pregnancy test and a saying that said, "We will REALLY celebrate our independence this year, because as you can see...."
The entire day I was still feeling really crappy and honestly the day was sort of a blur. I felt like I didn't entertain or tell the news with as much excitement as I could have, but I was feeling REALLY sick.
After supper, I had Missy take a picture downstairs by another sign. I want to do weekly pictures. I honestly don't know exactly how many weeks I am--4 or 5 or 6??? But I still want these early pregnancy photos to show the progression of me getting bigger and bigger as baby grows.
Around 11:00, I was feeling very warm/cold. I took my temperature again and it was 101.4. Now I was getting nervous. My fever was getting higher and what could I take for it? Jen and Linda thought I could take Tylenol, but they thought I should call the hospital to make sure. I called the Fergus hospital and asked to talk to an OB nurse. I told her the situation and she confirmed that I could take Tylenol to reduce the fever. She said it was important that I do that and that the fever goes down. A higher fever could hurt the baby. I hung up the phone and was worried. Did the fever I had all day hurt my baby? Would the Tylenol work? Was the Tylenol REALLY safe for the baby? Oh, man....being worried on top of being sick really stunk. Well, I didn't have any Tylenol in the house, but thankfully Jen had some in her purse, so I took that and went to sleep with a cool washcloth on my head and prayed that my fever would go down. I didn't sleep very well at all and I think I saw 2:00AM on the clock, but at that time I took my temp again and it was below 100. That was a good sign!
No comments:
Post a Comment