Sunday, July 14, 2013

The News Is Spreading!!

Well, this was a weekend FULL of spreading the baby news!  Saturday was the yearly Wetterling picnic at Mike's aunt's house.  Therefore, now the aunts, uncles, and cousins on Mike's Dad's side of the family know the news.  I actually let Mike spill the beans there.  As strange as it may sound, it is sort of getting exhausting for me to be breaking the news to SO many people over and over again.  That probably doesn't make any sense, and it's not that I'm not excited about it every time we tell someone new, but I'm just kinda to the point where I feel like I want to file everyone into an auditorium and be like, "Hey, world...just so EVERYONE knows and no one needs to keep secrets anymore...we are having a baby!"  Ha ha ha! I'm being a little sarcastic, but anyways, I let Mike do the announcing at this picnic. He did it very nonchalantly by just making a comment that he better start taking lessons on feeding babies, etc, within the next 7-8 months.  They were thrilled and we already had comments about people buying the baby Vikings gear (those Wetterlings tend to side with my Vikings craze)!  Yippee!  Mike wasn't as thrilled about the possibility of his little one wearing Vikings gear instead of 49ers gear! : ) 

Saturday evening we had supper with Steve and Ashley at Zorbaz in Alex.  Before starting to eat, I gave them one of our pregnancy announcements to deliver the news!  They were also excited!

Then Saturday night we headed to Carlos to spend the night with Nancy and Brian!  I also gave them one of our announcements to break the ice about the news there!  Yeppers....more excitement!!  Nancy showed me some of Charles' ultrasound pictures...it made me VERY anxious to see this baby's pictures!      

It was nice telling my best friend the news!!
 
Finally, today (Sunday) I met Kayla in St. Cloud for our scheduled day of shopping and chatting!  It didn't take long for me to tell her the news!  Since her baby (Myles) is only about 7 months old, we had TONS to talk about regarding babies and pregnancy!! 

She even told me a pregnancy myth/story she heard when she was pregnant--it was some Native American legend or something that said when you are pregnant and you hold a baby boy, if the baby cries, it means you are having a boy--if the baby boy doesn't cry, it means you are having a girl.  She told the story behind it, but to make a long story short, I held Myles and he didn't cry, SO we'll see if Myles correctly predicted this baby's gender or not!!  Ha ha ha ha!! : )

All smiles from Myles, so according to that myth, I guess we are having a baby girl!
 ; )  Ha ha!

Kayla and I did some shopping--we spent some time in Crafts Direct and I finally found that black board I've been looking for that I can use on the weekly "belly" pics!  Yay!  We also stopped at Toys R Us to look at baby things, but I didn't find anything I wanted at the time.  Funny how our shopping habits change when little ones are in the picture!  I didn't even stop at the mall to shop and I left St. Cloud without buying ANY clothes!!!!!!!  Holy Buckets---THAT is RARE for this girl!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment