Thursday, August 1, 2013

9 Weeks

 At 9 weeks Baby is:

  •  The size of a green olive:  measures around .9 inches and weighs about .07 ounces.
  • No longer an embryo--now a fetus!
  • Developing more distinct facial features.
  • Might now have a strong enough heartbeat to be picked up by a fetal doppler.

Week 9 in Review:
 
Well, for the past several weeks I've been reading in all my pregnancy books and websites about the "extreme fatigue" that most people feel throughout these weeks.  Huh? Yea, I felt tired a day here and there, but nothing major! For goodness sakes, I had been walking several miles on the trail and feeling full of energy!!  

Well, week 9 can be summarized quite simply:

Tired + Hungry = Week 9

Yep, I feel SO tired and feel hungry about 90% of the day!! I'm not complaining, because I am SO thankful that I don't have morning sickness, but I must say that this fatigue is rough on me! I am SO not used to sitting around feeling tired! I'm like the queen of productivity and energy, but uhf--not this week! 

Oh, and eating--I've always had a good appetite, but holy cow--I get done eating and ten minutes later I feel like I could eat again!! 

I had classes for school 3 days this week and that was good--sorta got me fired up to teach again--and I got to tell more of my work friends the baby news--but once I got home from the workshops, I was pretty much done for the day! 

This weekend we get to tell the last of our family--Mike's aunt and uncle and cousins! We are going to Darrell's cabin for the weekend. Sounds like it will be fun, but hopefully I can work up some energy by then! : /

Week 9


I think I notice a tiny baby bump--nothing major, but I definitely think my lower belly looks a little puffier than it did a month ago! All those past sit-ups done in vain!  Ha ha ha!  Baby MUST be doing something in there draining all my energy and wanting all this food!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment