Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nursery Findings

Well, last night Dad and I went out to eat with Baba.  After eating, we stopped at Walmart to pick up a couple things.  On our way to the register, I spotted something on an end cap next to the craft department--Winnie the Pooh fabric!  It was ADORABLE and it was half-price!!  The first one I saw was this:

How cute!!  I immediately thought of my grandma and how she could make it into a baby blanket!  There were several other spools of fabric.  I also liked this one:
I was trying to figure out what I would do with this fabric.  Dad actually made the suggestion of curtains...BRILLIANT!!!  YES!  This fabric WOULD be perfect for curtains!  I had previously looked online for Pooh curtains and I honestly didn't like many of them.  The ones I liked were like $60!  No way!  Ok, so I wanted this fabric for curtains...only one problem...I can buy the fabric, but I have absolutely no talent in sewing!  I immediately thought of who would have loved to sew these for me...my Mom!  I about started tearing up right there at Walmart, because I SO wished that Mom could be here to sew the curtains.  Well, that obviously wasn't an option...after a few moments, I thought of my aunt.  Much like my Mom, my aunt--Oath--did a lot of sewing as well.  I got on my phone and Facebooked her immediately to see if she thought she could do the job.  Meanwhile, I bought 3 yrds of the fabric.  Didn't really know if that would be enough for curtains, but I crossed my fingers!  Oath replied shortly and said that she would gladly make curtains!  Yay!!

On the way out of Walmart, I walked through the paint aisle...I figured what better time to get paint samples than when I have the fabric available to match?!  I picked out some that matched the fabric extremely well!

I came home to show Mike.  I was a little nervous, because I bought it all without him seeing and I was really hoping he would approve and like it!  He did!  He loved it!  We went into the Baby's room and held up the fabric and that got me even more EXCITED...it would look SO cute!!!

Then came this morning--I got a text from Mike and he asked if he should pick up the paint today and begin painting TONIGHT?!  I was a little surprised, because we had planned to paint in October...BUT he was willing to do it and I'm all about getting stuff done, so we began the process of painting the nursery!!  We choose a light green and light yellow...and we will put a Pooh border in-between. 

Of course pregnant people can't paint due to the smells, so all I had to do was tape the room off.  No complaining there...I'm not a huge fan of painting...I don't mind big spaces, but when it comes to painting by the ceiling and stuff...my perfectionism sets in and add in the emotions of a crazy, pregnant lady...let's just say it wouldn't be a very happy scenario!!
Mike did a good job!  I LOVE the colors and can't wait to see it with the border!


No comments:

Post a Comment