- the size of an onion: about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.
- has rubbery cartilage that is now turning to bone.
- Growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
- Growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord.
| 17 weeks 9-25-13 |
Week 17 Review:
Well, to be very honest, this was a LONG week. Most weeks pass so quickly, but this week just didn't! To begin with, I started the week with what I thought was a cold. Sunday I woke up completely stuffed up and not feeling very well. As the week progressed, I didn't get any sicker, but my nose was plugged all week long. I've never experienced allergies before, but I don't know if this is some sort of allergy or if it's a cold. Regardless of what it is, it hasn't been much fun dealing with this stuffiness. I haven't been sleeping the best, because my nose is especially plugged at night. It is still stuffy today--so it's been that way for a week now. Ick!
Tuesday was also a really rough day, because it marked the 4th anniversary of my mom passing away. I think I struggled more this year than any of the prior years--for a couple reasons--but primarily due to Baby. I would do ANYTHING to have Mom here to be experiencing the "baby craze" and more so, to have her here once Baby comes. As I've mentioned before--no, pregnancy isn't the most horrific thing in the world, but there are definitely days where I would give just about anything to cuddle up on the couch next to my Mom, have her rub my back, and tell me everything's going to be ok. No matter how old you get, I believe there are days that you just need your mom.
Other than that, not much else stood out about this week. I planned a bridal shower for my partner teacher Ms. Nelson. That was pretty fun. I also went to the movies with Jen, Maggie, and Madalyn on Saturday. Then I babysat the girls Saturday night. It was fun to have some play time with them!
I continue to feel bigger and bigger!! When people see me, they say that I'm still tiny, but I think they're crazy...I suppose "tiny" in comparison to what I'll be, but I sure feel big! Sometimes at night I look down at my belly and it feels so full and tight that I wonder how in the world it can still grow for another 5 months?!? I'm still basically wearing my normal clothes with the belly band, but that belly is a growing!!!
By Friday, I was shot! 32 Below was performing in Fergus Friday night and everything inside me wanted to go see them....BUT I was about done!! I fell asleep on the couch at 7:00 on Friday night, just to wake up at 9:00 and go to bed!! I was TIRED and needed some rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment