Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 15

At 15 Weeks Baby is: 
  • the size of a navel orange:  2.5 ounces and measures 4 inches -- proportions are becoming even more normal-- legs now out measure arms. 
  • squirming a ton in there
  • might be hiccuping in there.
  • making lots of progress: joints and limbs can all move now.
15 Weeks  9-14-13


Week 15 Review:

Well, to best sum up week 15, I'd put it like this:  EAT, SLEEP, TEACH...REPEAT! : )   It's definitely a process getting back into the routine of being at school and teaching every day!  I continue to be "Energizer Teacher Bunny" during the school day, but pretty darn tired once I get home.  I'm trying SO hard to fit in some time to exercise...at least go for a walk or something...I managed to walk or bike a couple times this week, but my exercise routine is certainly not what it used to be!  My mind says go, go, go, go...get off the couch and EXERCISE...but my body says I NEED TO REST...I'M SO TIRED!!  Hopefully I can find a good balance to this in the coming weeks. I SO enjoy (at least used to enjoy) exercising and I think I still do...normally once I get my ear buds in and listen to some good music and start moving--I love it, but I certainly notice the extra weight on myself already...I've only gained the 5 pounds...which is apparently what you are supposed to gain during the first trimester, but it's funny how even that small amount affects your stamina. My belly just always feels so full and heavy...jeepers, I can't imagine 5 months from now!!!  YIKES!!

Like I said, the week days pretty much consisted of eating, sleeping, and teaching.  Not much more to say about them!  Saturday we decided to go to St. Cloud with the Wetterlings.  Mike wanted to look at crib sets....yes, he continues to be the one setting the pace on the nursery...which I find so funny...I thought I would be the one jumping the gun, but for some reason I am very relaxed when it comes to the nursery.  I guess I feel like it is a long enough wait for Baby to come and if we have the nursery all decorated and full with no baby in it...it will make it even harder to wait.  We looked at a couple crib sets and kinda found one we like, but we didn't buy yet.  The options are so limited in stores...we might end up ordering online.  While Kyle and Mike went off to the sporting goods sections, the ladies and I looked through some baby things in stores.  Again, I am just in no hurry to look at this stuff...again, strange...because it is all so unbelievably CUTE, but I have to wait another month to find out if we are having a boy or girl...so I can't buy anything...and that just frustrates me.  Come October...look out, baby stores...THEN I KNOW I'll want to look through these sections!!  

I did add a few items to my maternity wardrobe.  Yes, the baby bump is definitely there!  I haven't been wearing any "maternity" clothing...most of my dress shirts are loose fitting in the belly region anyways...so it works well!  BUT of all weeks so far, THIS is the week when I noticed the most belly!  I guess that makes sense! : )  LOL!  I have a couple skirts that I can no longer zip all the way and my dress capris are the same way.  Anyhow, while shopping, I bought one of these belly band things...they are supposed to allow you to wear your normal pants without buttoning them, which gives you the extra room needed, but this band covers the unbuttoned-ness up and holds your pants up! : )  The other ladies also wanted to stop at GoodWill.  I have heard countless people talk about the nice maternity clothing you can get at GoodWill for reasonable...people wear the clothing a few times and then want to get rid of it!  Well, I didn't find a lot, but I did find a pair of Gap Maternity jeans...that were my size and LONG!  My biggest worry regarding maternity pants is so I can find pants that have the length...I always have to buy "long" pants.  SO, I was happy about that find!  I also got a couple other shirts that will give me some extra room when the time comes.

After thinking about the crib, etc, the next day we sat down and decided on the wall stickers for the nursery and ordered them.  I LOVE wall stickers and I have have probably pinned a dozen sayings that I would have loved for the nursery...well, I narrowed them down to two and we are both very happy with them!  I can't wait to put them up!  

Wall sticker for above the crib!



Wall sticker for above the changing table!

1 comment:

  1. You'll love the belly band! I'm 32 weeks and still wearing quite a few of my regular pants. I've also found that you can buy pants a couple sizes bigger than usual which I've found to be cheaper. I will say however that the waist on maternity pants is more comfortable the further along I get! My hubby also seemed more into getting the nursery together/ready early too!

    ReplyDelete