Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 16

At 16 weeks Baby is:

  • the size of an avocado
  • listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in ears.
  • growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
  • forming taste buds.
16 weeks--9/20/13

Week 16 Review:

Well, this week that belly band that I bought last weekend was my saving grace!!!  As I transitioned from my capris to my dress pants...I found out that NONE of my dress pants could be buttoned!!!  I would have been in trouble without that belly band!!  It did the trick and allowed me to still wear my pants comfortably.  I found the band slightly uncomfortable after wearing it for several hours, but overall, it is perfect--much more comfortable than trying to button tight pants!!  However, Friday I decided to wear that pair of maternity jeans I also bought last weekend....WOW were they comfortable!  I think I'll be able to get used to them pretty easily!  No, my belly isn't huge...(it feels huge to me)...but it is definitely big enough to change the way my clothes fits and I literally feel like it is getting bigger each day!!!  

At the beginning of the week I placed my first classroom book order.  At that time, I decided to do something for Baby.  Yes, I'm a teacher and probably own enough children's books to fill a small library, BUT many of these that I have purchased over the past 5 years are in my classroom and get used and abused by kidos everyday...therefore I decided that with each book order I place this year, I will purchase a new book or two for Baby! : )  My book order came in at the end of the week and I was pretty excited to bring home my new purchases and put them in the nursery.  Now I just need Baby's ears to develop more so I can read them to him/her.  

Speaking of developing ears, many of the pregnancy websites say that babies can begin to hear sounds at week 16.  Some say 16 weeks...others claim that they can't hear clearly until week 20 or 24 or later.  Well, who knows??  BUT this week I started putting a music box on my belly and played it for a little bit before going to bed for Baby.  This is what my mom always did for me when I was in her belly.  In fact, last time I visited Dad, I took that music box that was still in my old room and brought it home.  That is the one I have been playing.  Since it is over 27 years old, it is kinda beat up...it has little nutcrackers on it and some of them are missing their heads (LOL)...Mike thinks this is sorta creepy... so I hope to buy a special music box for Baby in the coming weeks and use the new one, but for now, this one is perfect!  I don't know if Baby can hear it or not, but if not, oh well, it isn't hurting me any to play it for a little while each night regardless.  

Friday was my 16 week doctor appointment.  This was the appointment at 3:30, therefore, I had to leave school early at 2:30 in order to get there in time.  Mrs. Suchy covered my class for the last 30 minutes.  I don't like having to leave work early, but I didn't have much choice.  It was sort of a frustrating appointment for me.  To begin with, I was frustrated having to leave school early...I was worried I was going to be late and the trip to Fergus seemed to take forever...once we got there, we sat and sat and sat in the waiting room and didn't get in until about 4.  Then once we finally got in, we saw the doctor for literally 5 minutes.  He listened to the heart beat, he talked football with Mike, and that was it!  Don't get me wrong, it was GREAT to hear the heartbeat again, but I guess I expect too much from these appointments.  I don't know what it is I expect...I guess I'm just really impatient to see another picture of the baby.  On that note...the doctor did order the ultrasound for my next appointment in October...a normal ultrasound and the 3D ultrasound...WHICH WILL TELL US IF BABY IS A BOY OR GIRL!!!!!!!!  Less than 4 weeks!!!!!!!!  I can hardly wait!!!  I'm seriously SO SO SO SO impatient.  Some people have seemed surprised that we are finding out ahead of time!!  In my mind....there is NO question!!!  I would drive myself crazy waiting another 6 months!!!  So, yes, I am unbelievably excited for that next appointment.  However, I'm going to have to leave work early again.  My appointment was at 4, so I thought I'd be fine...BUT they had to schedule the ultrasounds at 3! : (  That means I'll have to leave school by 2!  ERRRRRR!  


No comments:

Post a Comment