Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 18

At 18 Weeks Baby is: 
  • the size of a potato:  5.6 inches long and about 6.7 ounces now and keeps on growing rapidly.
  • yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing
  • twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too 

10-3-13  18 Weeks

Week 18 Review:  

This was a pretty average week.  I continue to feel like my belly is growing bigger and bigger; therefore, finding outfits that I think look good is getting more and more difficult!  Like I said before, most of my prior clothes still fits, but it just doesn't feel overly comfortable.  I wait for the time when I get home and can put on some comfy, loose fitting sweatpants.  : )

Baby websites say that by week 18 it is possible that you might start feeling Baby's movements.  I had that one sensation several weeks back at the Taylor Swift concert, but I haven't felt anything since.  However, Saturday night I may have felt some movement??  I don't really know?  I felt something...I just don't know if that "something" is the baby or some other stomach sensation.  I also feel something when I roll over at night--it's not the baby kicking--but if I roll from one side to the other or when I stand up in the morning, it almost feels like something shifts in there???  Kinda odd.  My belly continues to feel heavy. 

Saturday was a pretty significant day--Mike and I went to Fargo to continue our search for the crib and nursery items.  We began at Burlington Coat Factory--they have a large selection of cribs.  I found one I liked, but it didn't have any matching changing table, so that was out.  Then we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  They had several cribs on display as well.  There weren't any cribs that popped out in my mind, but Mike saw one that he really liked.  Of course it was the dark finish and it actually had the changing table attached to the crib.  He would have picked it out and bought it within 10 minutes....me on the other hand...well, I bet I stood there for almost an hour debating.  This crib was NOTHING like what I had pictured in my head--NOT EVEN CLOSE!  I probably pinned 50 nursery pictures on Pinterest and not even one picture would match this set up.  However, to make a long story short....I agreed to this crib/changing table.  I can't say that I feel certain about my decision and I probably won't until it is set up.  I tried to picture our Pooh crib bedding with it, but it is hard to picture without it set up.  I'm also concerned about the size of the crib/changing table.  Our nursery is not overly large and in my mind, I feel like this set-up will take up half the room, BUT Mike was very content with it and reassured me that it would look awesome with all the other pastel items.  I took a leap of faith and went along with his wishes.  They had a dresser at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but we decided to look elsewhere to find a more reasonable price.  We went to Target and found a nice, 6-drawer dresser that matched the crib very well. On the way home, we also bought the crib mattress.  I kinda feel like we're jumping the gun a little...I get excited, but then I look at the calender and think....uhf...4 1/2 more months until we have a baby to utilize all this new stuff.  All the way home, Mike was avid about coming home and putting it all together right away.  Well, once we got home, he changed his tune a little.  After all, we still had to touch up the paint a little and put up the wallpaper border.  He touched up the paint before we went to bed and the plan was to do the wallpaper border Sunday.  Although there is no immediate need to have the crib, etc, set up at this point...I am really excited....and also nervous...to get it set up.  I will feel unsettled until I can see it set up in the room with the Pooh things decorating it!  I hope we made the right choice!!!

Crib, changing table, and dresser have arrived!


Finally, Saturday night I made the invitation for our "Gender Reveal" party!  A week and a half and we will know if Baby is a boy or a girl!!!!!  Gosh, I sure HOPE we know.  I've heard a few stories where the baby isn't positioned correctly and therefore the doctor is unable to tell if the Baby is boy or girl.  Yikes....I will NOT be a happy camper if that is the case!!!  Because of our love of football, I decided the gender reveal party theme would be football! :)  I'm excited!  I can't wait!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment