Saturday, October 12, 2013

Week 19

At 19 weeks Baby is:
  • the size of a mango
  • Developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth.
  • Working on five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in the brain.


19 weeks  10-12-13



Week 19 Review: 

This was a big week for our nursery!  Things are coming together quickly and I'm SO excited about it!  As mentioned last week, we have officially bought our crib and dresser.  Last Sunday Mike put the dresser together!  Wow...it had A LOT of pieces and took A LONG time...but it's really a nice one and will hold Baby's things perfectly!  Last Sunday we also touched up the paint and put up the Pooh border!  It's SO super cute and really made the room look more finished! 



Later on in the week, Mike put together the crib!!  That actually went together more easily than the dresser!  I know it's early and I debated if we should put it together already, BUT why not?!  I was really glad we did, because I was super nervous about the dark color we picked out and the nerves wouldn't go away until I saw it up in the room with the crib bedding on!  Well....I'm still shocked that I said "yes" to such a dark color, BUT I have to admit...it looks really nice and I am completely happy with the set we choose! 




The Pooh wallsticker we ordered online was delivered AND the one I ordered through "Simply Said" was ready to be picked up this week, too!  Sunday we put both of those wallstickers up!  I LOVE THEM!  Well, I'm a sucker for wall sayings in the first place, but THESE are especially precious!  The Pooh one was a bugger to get up!  It is large, so it took Mike and I both holding and scraping and pulling to get it up...BUT we managed...and it is EXACTLY what I hoped it would be!!  





Finally, THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!!!!  Next Wednesday we find out if BABY is a boy or girl!  I am SO impatient!!  I really, really, really want to know!  I am also very excited for our big gender reveal party!  I have a feeling it will be difficult to wait from Wednesday until Saturday! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment