- is the size of a pomegranate: approximately 10.5 inches and about 12.7 ounces, big enough now that you've probably been feeling movements.
- is manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in the first dirty diaper!
| 21 weeks 10/27/13 |
21 Week Update:
I feel like last week's half-way mark really increased my belly's size and the amount of movement I feel! More and more people comment on how it is really "popping out"! My first graders and even some adults can't help but pat my belly a little when they see it! ; ) My kids at school comment about it a lot...they keep saying, "Your belly is getting pretty big...pretty soon it is just going to pop!" LOL! Well, I'm not too worried about it "popping" anytime soon, BUT some days it SURE feels like it's going to pop! I am also feeling A LOT of movement! Previous weeks I only felt slight movements when I was laying in bed, but now I even feel some movements during the day!! I've been playing music for Baby each night and I even read Baby a couple stories! : ) Hopefully he can hear me!
This week I couldn't help but buy a couple baby boy outfits! It's so hard, because at this point it is very hard to know what size our baby boy will come out, BUT I figured buying a couple things won't do any harm.
This week I ordered my Ikea spice racks that I want to transform into adorable nursery bookshelves. I saw this idea on Pinterest and I can't wait for them to be delivered so I can put them up and start filling them up with books!
Friday I helped Mike's Tae Kwon Do at the Fergus Halloween party. Every year they sponsor this fun kids' Halloween party. I enjoy doing it, but I was pretty tired after a day of teaching and then I worked at the jump roping game, which required me to demonstrate some jump roping and then had me bending up and down to pick up the jump ropes after each kid jumped. Wow...I was shot by the end of the night, but glad I could help out! We stopped at Walmart after the party and I found the frames I was looking for...the frames for the cute Pooh fabric that I want to hang up in the nursery.
Saturday we celebrated Missy's birthday. Her choice was to go to Fargo to shop and eat at Red Lobster. It was a fun day! After not clothes shopping much at all for the past 4 months, Saturday I finally went on a little maternity clothes shopping spree. I'm not a big fan of a lot of maternity clothes...so much of it just looks like a sack to me...BUT I managed to find some really cute outfits! I'm excited to wear them since a lot of my former clothes is getting pretty snug around this growing belly!
I also looked at a lot of baby stuff while shopping, but I didn't buy any clothes. I almost bought this adorable little dressy outfit...it was black pants, a blue dress shirt, vest, and a tie...it would be perfect for Baby Boy to wear on Easter...but again, I don't really know what size to buy, so I waited.
I'm getting excited to register soon! There are SO many cute things that I would like for Baby. I found a super cute diaper bag at Herbergers that will definitely be on my wish list!!
Next week will be another busy week--Halloween and Mike's birthday! Oh, yeah...awhile ago I thought of a funny Halloween costume I could dress up in this year...I found it when we were in Fargo...can't wait to show you pictures next week! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment