46 Weeks Old
January 19-25
This was a rough week, because mid-week we found out that we needed to find a new daycare for Riley. After picking Riley up on Wednesday, Amanda said that she could no longer watch him, because taking care of her mother-in-law and him was just too much to handle. The moment I heard this, I was panicked!!! I spent months worrying about daycare before Riley was home and then when we found Amanda, I felt comfortable about it--well, at least moderately comfortable. Now we were left with no plans and no idea where to bring our baby!!!! After crying my eyes out, I started calling places to trying to figure something out. The daycare right in Kensington couldn't take Riley until he would turn one--that was out. Jen recommended Stacey Anderson from Hoffman--she was the lady who watched Maggie when she was a baby. Jen called Stacey and Stacey thought that she could take Riley, but she had to check her numbers. Thursday we found out that she would be able to take Riley and that he could start the following Monday.Thursday and Friday we were still without daycare, so Riley got a new babysitter for these days--Grandpa Dave! Grandpa Dave had never babysat for full days, but he was up for the challenge! Both days went great! Riley even took great naps for Grandpa! After not changing diapers for over 25 years, Riley re-introduced Grandpa to stinky diapers by filling his pants with three doozies on Thursday!
Friday night Grandpa Dave, Mommy, Daddy, and Riley went out for supper at Knotty Pine.
Sunday we went to church and did a little shopping in Alex afterwards. Mommy got all of Riley's things packed for his new daycare.
No comments:
Post a Comment