Saturday, August 23, 2014

24 Weeks Old

24 Weeks Old

August 18-24



This was a week of changing schedules for Riley! It was back to school workshop week for mommy! He was basically with a different person each day of the week.  Monday was a nice, peaceful day at home with Mommy.  Tuesday Riley stayed at home with Daddy.  Wednesday and Thursday Riley went to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Wetterling.  Friday Great Auntie Oath came over to take care of Riley for a half day.  The week was full of early mornings and different routines. 

The schedule took it's tole on Riley's sleeping--Thursday night Riley was up just about every hour of the night! Over the next couple nights I tried some different things to hopefully get some sleep--I tried an 8 oz bottle before bed.  I also was a bad mommy and went against the standard that says "no sleeping with a blanket until a year" and allowed Riley to sleep with a blanket. Not sure if these things helped or not, but he slept slightly better throughout the weekend! 

I sure miss my little man when I'm spending time at school.  I spent probably half of the usual time that I usually spend there this year, but still, it 's time away from my baby.  

Saturday we decided to take a trip to St. Cloud to do a little shopping and get Riley's 6 month pictures taken.  I had a coupon for a free sitting at JCPenny Portraits, so I thought I might as well take advantage of that for a milestone picture.  I was super excited to see how the pictures turned out!   When looking for the outfit he would wear for this picture, I was shocked to see how many outfits he has outgrown.  I had to try on 4 nearly new outfits to find one that fit him!  I think it is time to go through his closet and put away a bunch of clothing that is too small!

On the way home from shopping, we stopped at Oak Park where the Wetterling crew was camping.  We sat out by the fire for a bit before heading for home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment