Sunday, August 17, 2014

23 Weeks Old

 23 Weeks Old

August 11-17

 

On Tuesday Riley, Mommy, and Grandpa Dave took a trip up north to Great Uncle Owen and Auntie Jan's house to see Sara and her family! Riley got to meet his second cousins who live all the way in Texas!! It was nice to visit with some family who we don't get to see very often!



Wednesday we had a beach day with "Auntie" Tracey! It was awesome! A beautiful day by the lake! Riley didn't go swimming--Eagle lake tends to be a little too cold, BUT mommy held him and we walked in the water! It must have been pretty relaxing, because Riley fell right asleep right in Mama's arms! Before leaving the lake, we played at the playground a little! 

"White sand, cold can koozie in my hand, just a summertime strollin'
Chillin', breezin', sippin', singin' whoaoaoh.... We're Beachin'!!!"
 
We're BEACHIN'


At the end of the week, mommy and Riley took in the Fergus City Wide garage sales! We found LOTS of awesome baby stuff! Practically brand new toys and clothes for so cheap! Riley was such a trooper--stuck in his carseat and in and out of the car so many times--yet, still nothing but smiles for mommy!!

Thursday was a tough day for Mommy, because it would have been Grandma Reanie's birthday!  While rocking Riley, I told him all about his Grandma in heaven.  How can I possibly properly explain her, though?  Her kindness, her humor, her BIG heart...I wish she was here to see and hold and watch Riley.  I know she is in a good place and I sure hope she can see us everyday and watch her grandbaby grow and change, but I'd do anything for her to really be here.  

Saturday Riley went to his very first Douglas County Fair with Mommy, Daddy, and Grandpa Dave! He liked looking at all the lights and animals! 
Looking at the horsey! : )
Sunday Riley stayed home with Daddy while Mommy went to school again to tackle more back to school items! : ( My classroom is getting there! Workshops begin next week! Riley won't have to go to official daycare with Amanda until the following Monday.  Next week he will stay with family.  His first day of daycare will be a half day, since I only have a training that day for three hours.  I have been in touch with Amanda and I am trying to figure out things that we will need to bring over there, etc.  We have also discussed schedules, etc.  It's getting close!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment