Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 34

At 34 Weeks, Baby

  • is the size of a butternut squash:  4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. 
  • is recognizing and reacting to simple songs.
  • is urinating about a pint a day.
34 weeks  1/25/14
 34 Week Update:

Well, whoever said that being sick and pregnant is awful---they were RIGHT!!!  This week wasn't much fun, because I came down with an awful cold!  Monday wasn't so bad.  I had the day off for Martin Luther King day.  I also had my doctor appointment that day.  The appointment went well and it was super nice having it scheduled on a day that I didn't work.  As usual, the doctor said that I was measuring right on target and he was happy that I didn't have swelling or other complications.  I made my final four doctor appointments!!  I have one more in 2 weeks and then I have weekly appointments through March 1!  It's crazy to think that even with weekly appointments, it is only 4 remaining!

Anyhow,  I felt alright Monday morning, but I knew something was setting in by about noon.  I got groceries after the doctor appointment and I was absolutely struggling to accomplish this task.  By the time I got home, I was shot.  Normally on my days off, the "nesting" phenomenon sets in and I'm busy all day getting stuff done.  I knew I was coming down with something, because for the rest of Monday I hardly made it off the couch!  By Tuesday I felt pretty tough.  I'm still thankful that I have been healthy up to this point and I'm also thankful that it was a sinus cold and not a sickness with a temperature or throwing up, BUT I felt pretty icky!  I got a big break, because Wednesday school was closed for a Blizzard warning and Thursday we were 2 hours late!  The blizzard on Wednesday postponed my school baby shower, but I honestly think I needed rest more than a baby shower that day.  The cold is still lingering now, but I think slowly improving.  I sure hope so, because it is unbelievably exhausting being sick and pregnant...and teaching while sick and pregnant is even more exhausting!     

On a happier note--Friday after school was my school baby shower!!  I still didn't feel very good on Friday, but the baby shower definitely perked me up for the afternoon!  It was GREAT!  I really love the people I work with and it was fun celebrating with them.  I was amazed at all the wonderful things they bought for Baby Wetterling!  I got a beautiful Pooh quilt, baby clothes, some books, toys, and many other great miscellaneous things.  





I didn't have a chance to put everything away on Saturday, because I was still feeling pretty sick, but today (Sunday) I plan to write my thank you cards and then find a spot in the nursery for all the new things!  So exciting! 

Next Saturday I have my other baby shower with family and friends!  Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment