Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 32

At 32 weeks, Baby
  • is the size of a squash
  • is getting ready for his descent --likely in the head-down position now.
  • is probably feeling even more cramped inside.
32 weeks  1/11/14
 Week 32 Review:  

I'm definitely feeling more uncomfortable these days!!  I feel extremely huge and it's getting much more difficult to bend and move.  I especially feel icky after eating!  I'm SO hungry that I could eat and eat and eat, BUT after eating I feel so full and uncomfortable that it's awful.  I love that Baby is growing inside of me, but I must admit, I'm really looking forward to being a normal size again.    

This week began with school being closed on Monday due to the extreme cold!  I can't say I relaxed much on Monday, BUT it was a very productive day.  I worked on my long term lesson plans ALL day and I made a ton of progress on them!  Now I have all of my reading and math SMART files organized and ready to use for teaching for the rest of the year.  I've also started organizing all my science and social lessons.  It was great having a day to dedicate to this planning.  When I returned to school on Tuesday, I set up three bins on my counter--one for March, April, and May.  There I am beginning to organize all of my files and lessons for my long term sub!  I will probably set one up for February, too, just in case Baby comes early. I'm very paranoid about leaving everything perfect for my sub and kids.  

The rest of the week was pretty average, except for one thing:  my car stopped working!!  Wednesday I was driving through Barrett and I couldn't get any speed--my car wasn't shifting and was topping off at about 30mph!  My engine light also came on!  I pulled over and called Mike and Dad, because I know nothing about vehicles.  Luckily Mike was home sick on Wednesday, so he quickly left home and drove to Barrett to rescue me.  He added some fluid to the transmission and that seemed to help, but the next day it did the same thing again.  Friday Mike brought the car into Fergus to get it checked out.  He texted me Friday afternoon with the information that my transmission was shot and the fix-it place said a used transmission would be $2600 or a new transmission would be $3600!!!!  YIKES...that is NOT what I wanted to hear.  I've been trying SO hard to save money before Baby comes and tossing away that amount for my car was not making me happy!  Mike brought up the fact that it might not even be worth fixing--that maybe we should trade up and get a different car for me.  Although that was slightly exciting...that also meant car payments...again, that didn't sound very good at this point.  Well, to make a long story short, a guy from Mike's work found a used transmission and a different fix-it place who would replace it for MUCH cheaper!!  We will still have to spend about $650, BUT that is a far cry from $3600!  

I had another doctor appointment on Friday.  It was another good check-up!  The doctor has no worries and is very happy with my pregnancy.  I really like our doctor.  Every time I have to drive from Kensington to Fergus for an appointment, I ask myself why we didn't go to Alex, because it's a long ways to drive and it is very difficult to get to Fergus by 4:00 without leaving school early, BUT after talking with the doctor at each appointment, I am reassured that we made the right decision.  He is a very good doctor and I am feeling more and more comfortable with him. 

Saturday may have been the most exciting day of the week, because we got the item that was next on my "Need for Baby" list!  We got a glider rocker!!  Now we will have a nice spot to rock Baby everyday!!  

Practicing rocking! : )

Mike practicing in our new chair! ; )
Sunday we are having everyone over for the big 49ers game!! It should be fun!  : )

Next weekend is our child-birth class!  Looking forward to that! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment