Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 31

At 31 Weeks, Baby 
  • is the size of a pineapple:  15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. He's getting so big, he's probably crowding your lungs. 
  • is going through major brain and nerve development.
  • is experiencing major eye development.  His irises now react to light!
  • has all five of his senses in working order.

31 weeks 12/31/13
 Week in Review:

This week concluded my Christmas break!  I had off through Wednesday...then it was back to school on Thursday.  Monday I did some organizing of the nursery.  I organized all the clothes that we have collected so far by size, etc.  I put away all the things we got over Christmas.  I also worked on some VERY long term lesson plans.  I basically planned January through May and organized SMART files, etc.  I still have more to do, but I got a really good start on it!

Tuesday was New Year's Eve.  I really enjoy New Years's Eve.  I love getting dressed up cute and planning fun events.  Well, this year I frankly didn't even know if I'd be able to stay up until midnight--that is past my bedtime these days!! : )  Nonetheless, I still wanted to make New Years plans.  The plan was pretty simple--Mike and I were just going to go out to eat in Fergus.  Getting dressed up this year simply meant curling my hair and finding a sparkly shirt that still fit me! Kinda a funny story--the shirt I ended up wearing was actually the dress I wore last year for New Years!  Short dresses make lovely maternity shirts!!  LOL!  Anyways, we drove into Fergus and AppleBees was packed.  There was a LONG wait and I really didn't feel like waiting, so we left.  We actually ended up eating at Pizza Ranch--not overly elegant, but it tasted good!  

New Year's Eve!!

We were done eating by 7:30--what next?  Well, earlier in the day Jen invited us over, so we decided to pack our bags and Bailey and go spend the night at Jen and Kyles.  It was pretty fun.  We played games, ate some food, and just hung out...AND I managed to stay awake through midnight!!  That is seriously a pretty big accomplishment these days!  I actually stayed up until about 2, because after we watched the ball drop,  Mike, Linda, Jen, Kyle, and I got talking about baby stuff and labor, etc, etc, etc, so time flew by!  Labor...yikes...it freaks me out!!!

Missy and I : )

Back to school I went on Thursday for a nice, two day week!  Even though it was only two weeks off, I noticed a considerable difference in my ability to move around with this big belly.  Tying shoes and bending down is not very comfortable at all!!  In fact,  I feel pretty uncomfortable most of the time these days!  I especially feel miserable after I eat.  My belly just feels SO full!  I try really hard to walk on the treadmill at least a few times a week, but afterwards, my back and feet hurt! Walking and exercising used to be one of my favorite things to do, but now it is more like torture!  : ( 

This week our car seat and stroller came in!  Baba insisted on buying this for us, which was a very generous gift!  Mike picked it up on Thursday and we opened it up and put it together on Saturday.  It was very exciting and made things seem very real.  I could just picture our little guy sitting in his car seat or going for a walk with him in his stroller!  



More exciting news--I also found out on Friday that Brittany is planning a baby shower for me at school!  I'm SO excited for my baby showers!  I can't wait!!!  

Friday we found out that due to the extreme cold that is forecasted, all schools in Minnesota are canceled on Monday!!!  YAY!!  I LOVE unexpected days off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment