Saturday, December 28, 2013

Week 30

At 30 Weeks, Baby:
  • is the size of a cucumber: 15.2- to 16.7-inches, 2.5- to 3.8-pounds 
  • has skin that is getting smoother.
  • has a brain that is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.
  • is now strong enough to grasp a finger!

30 Weeks  12/25/13

This was a fun and busy CHRISTMAS week!  Tuesday (Christmas Eve) we spent with the Wetterlings.  Wednesday (Christmas Day) we spent at home entertaining Mom's side of the family.   The holidays are always difficult without Mom, but both celebrations were lots of fun! The most exciting part for me was getting SO many presents for Baby!!  Everyone was so thoughtful and Baby got many Christmas presents!! He got a lot of clothes, a few toys, some nursery items, and I got the organizational things for Baby's closet!  



We even got his high chair from Grandma and Grandpa Wetterling!  Maggie and Madalyn had a special present for their baby cousin--it was SO cute--they wrapped up some of their old baby toys for Baby.  



I was also very excited about Mike's gift to me.  He got me the diaper bag that I REALLY wanted.  Not only that, but the diaper bag was packed full of baby things.  He does listen : ) because lately I've been saying how nervous I am about not having everything ready in case Baby comes early!! He also got Baby a set of cute onesies AND he put a set of earrings with each Baby gift...something for me AND Baby!!  




December 26 is always a fun day for me as well--after Christmas sales!!  I was in Alex by 7:15 to find some bargains!  I definitely found some!  Lots of nice bath and body/cologne sets for super cheap AND of course a few baby things! : )  I actually bought something at Toyland for Baby's 1st birthday--they had a nice set of wood puzzles on sale....I couldn't pass them up, even though he won't be able to put a puzzle together for awhile. 


 Friday was our 30 week doctor appointment, which included the 3D ultrasound. The doctor appointment was first at 3:40.  As usual, it was short and sweet.  The doctor measured my belly and listened to Baby's heartbeat.  He said I was doing great.  He says he has no "problems" listed on my chart, which is unusual--he continues to say that I am lucky.  Since I am in the 3rd trimester, I have to now start doing daily kick counts.  This just means I have 2 hours to count 10 kicks.  I did the first one Friday night and I got 10 kicks in about 6 minutes, so I don't think this will be much of an issue.  He is usually a pretty active baby.  I downloaded an app for my phone that records the number of kicks, etc.  

Next came the ultrasound.  I was super excited to see Baby again!  Well, the ultrasound wasn't quite as exciting as we hoped--Baby had his hand over his face, was pressed against the placenta, had his legs tucked beneath himself, AND refused to move!!  Therefore, we got a few snapshots of portions of his face, but not much else.  Regardless, it was pretty amazing!  Oh, we also got a small glimpse of his "boy part" : ) SO we can be reassured that he is indeed still a boy.  Hide from the camera while you can, Baby, because this momma will be camera crazy once you get here!!! : )
 
30 week 3D ultrasound


I have about 4 days left of Christmas break!!  I have a LONG list of things I want to accomplish in that time, including organizing the nursery, cleaning the house, AND working on my long range lesson planning for my upcoming long term sub!  Believe it or not, I actually started packing my hospital bag this week, too.  I know I have 10 weeks to go, but I REALLY like to be prepared and I have time over Christmas break, so why not get a head start?!  : )

More exciting news--Friday I found out that Missy and Jen are planning a baby shower for us!!  Yay!!  I was SO excited to hear that!  The tentative date is the first weekend in February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment