Sunday, December 8, 2013

27 Weeks

At 27 Weeks, Baby is
  • the size of a rutabaga (13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, not just getting bigger, but also getting smarter.
  • practicing inhaling and exhaling with rapidly developing lungs.
  •  showing brain activity!

27 weeks  12-8-13
 Week 27 Update:

This week can be summed up with one word--SNOWY!!  It did not make this mama-to-be very happy, because I dreaded my drives to and from school on bad roads.  I've always been cautious of icy, snowy roads, but this year that cautiousness went to a new extreme.  I was very paranoid of slipping in the ditch or getting in a accident with Baby Boy in my tummy!  To make matters worse, Monday and Tuesday Mike was in the cities for a training; therefore, I was all by myself.  I was extremely thankful that our neighbor blew our driveway out on Monday night.  At least then I didn't have to worry about getting stuck Tuesday morning!  School got out early on Wednesday and was 2 hours late on Thursday, which was very nice.  It is SO much better driving on bad roads in the daylight.  I also didn't mind the extra couple of hours of sleep!  Well, to sum up the long, snowy week, I made it to and from school safely.  I'm hoping the roads clear off and stay nice now for awhile.  

Friday I got some great news!  Oath texted me to tell me that she was done with the nursery curtains!!!  I was SO excited to hear that!  Saturday afternoon we ran to Elbow Lake to pick them up, because I just couldn't wait to see them and put them up!  

New Curtains and pictures hung! : )

Friday was also my work Christmas party!  After school we all went to Heidi Woodle's house to celebrate the holidays!  It was a lot of fun.  I work with SUCH great people!  

People continue to say that I still look "so small"!   I think they must be crazy, because I feel about as big as an elephant!!!!  They tell me, "just wait until that last month!!"  Yikes....I'm looking forward to that last month, but I can't imagine being much bigger than I already am!!!! 

Sunday we went to church and oh, my goodness....Baby was one active little boy in my belly!!!  I have NEVER felt such strong kicks before!!  I couldn't help but just stare at my belly, because it literally felt and looked like a tidal wave was going on in there!!  

This was the last week of 2nd trimester!!!  Officially 2/3 of the way to the finish line!!!  Next Friday I have another doctor appointment and that includes the dreaded glucose test!  I continue to worry about that--I really hope I pass the test and don't have to worry about gestational diabetes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment