Sunday, September 7, 2014

26 weeks old

26 Weeks Old

September 1-7




Labor Day Monday marked my last day of summer vacation, the end of my maternity leave, and a very sad day for this mommy!  Monday was especially a  tough night for me. I cried and cried before I put Riley to sleep. I'm not worried about his care... I know he 'll be taken care of--it just makes me so sad that I'll miss so much of his day. I got his daycare bags packed, his outfit ready...everything was good to go, except for me!  I cherish those last 6 months and wish so badly they wouldn't have to end.  I made a picture slideshow of Riley's summer pictures.  We had SO many good times.  The song I used for the slideshow was "Beat this Summer"...the lyrics hold true:
"As long as I live, whatever I do...as great as it is, I know it's a bummer...I ain't ever gonna beat this summer with YOU!"

School started on Tuesday; therefore, Riley began full time daycare and I went back to work! On Riley's first day of daycare he wore his gray monkey short-alls with a white t-shirt underneath.  
1st day of school and daycare!
All week I got  good reports from Amanda! I sure miss spending days with him!

Nonetheless, on top of the back to school and leaving my baby stress, of all times, Riley showed signs of his first illness this week.  He did not sleep well at all--he woke up basically every hour of the night! He was congested and coughed a lot.  By Thursday night, I really felt like a zombie! Teaching full time on about 2 hours of sleep in a night is NOT a happy combination.  I'm really hoping he starts feeling better.  I don't know if it is teething, a cold, or what?  I debate if we need to bring him in to the doctor, but when?? Even though we were up a lot together in the middle of the night, I still cherished his cuddles!

On a happier note, even though Riley hasn't been feeling the best, he has sure started laughing at his pup Bailey these days.   When Bailey is near Riley, Riley just giggles and giggles!  Riley has also started to splash much more in the bathtub!  It's funny, because he splashes so chaotically that it gets in his own face and he doesn't know how to stop it! 

After a tiring week, Saturday we went to buy groceries.  Riley rode in the shopping cart for the very first time (without his infant carrier).  I bought a shopping cart protector, because yes, I'm a bit of a germaphobe and I really don't want my baby sucking on the handle of the shopping cart.  


Sunday we made salsa and watched some football!  I dressed Riley half in Vikings gear and half in 49ers gear!  Both of our teams won, so it was a happy day of football in the Wetterling household! 


 It was also Grandparents day, so Riley gave his Grandma Linda, Grandpa Dick, and Grandpa Dave special cards just from him!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment