I had a lot of trouble falling asleep last night. Still so many questions and still so shocked. I really didn't expect to become pregnant so soon! I was actually somewhat concerned about how long it would take me to become pregnant--it took my mom years and years to have me and I always wondered if I would have the same problem. NOPE--apparently NOT! It didn't take us years....it didn't take us months...it took us approximately 3 times....yea, so that is why I was SO shocked!! Pretty sure I laid in bed staring at the ceiling for hours, still sort of in a stunned fashion just thinking about so many things. I honestly wasn't worried about once the baby came out...I LOVE kids and I know I am very capable of taking care of a baby....everyone knows I have always been a "mother hen" to just about everybody my entire life anyhow, so taking care of my own little baby--no big deal! : ) BUT the whole 9 months of pregnancy....jeeeze...what the heck is going to happen to me?!?
I had a hard time at breakfast too--everything I put in my mouth, I asked myself, " Is this good for the baby?" Vacation means a lot of junk food--is that going to hurt my baby? How much should I eat? I didn't feel more hungry than normal, but should I be eating more?? Who knows??
The pregnancy harassment also began! The day was full of people making harmless jokes about me being pregnant. My sense of humor must be lacking though---I find it sort of annoying at the time. I think I'm still just really nervous about everything.
Mike, Kyle, Dick, and I went golfing in the morning--well, Mike and Kyle golfed and Dick and I looked for lost golf balls! Then a few of the others went to the casino in the afternoon. I refused to go--NO WAY was I going to breath in that awful smoke and have my growing baby breath it it, too. That afternoon I sat out on the patio in the sun--worried and thought more. I even wondered how much sun I should be in--will the heat hurt the baby? Once Maggie woke up from her nap, she gave me some GREAT company and made me forget about my worries! We sat out of the patio and played barbies, listened to music, read some stories, and had lots of fun together!! We also ate some delicious watermelon....if mommy or cousin have anything to do with it, this baby will LOVE watermelon!
: )
One of the things the nurse who confirmed the pregnancy said was that I will need to make a doctor appointment at about 7-8 weeks. I always thought I would go to the Alex hospital for pregnancy things, because that is where I have always doctored. However, Mike said he would prefer Fergus, because it would be easier for him to attend Doctor appointments there. Jen and Kyle also had both of their girls in Fergus and they had nothing but good things to say about the place. Therefore, I called the Fergus clinic to make the initial appointment. I called and requested an appointment with Dr. Michael Norgard for July 24 at 2:10! Next question--do I have to wait that long to tell more people? That is several weeks off...not sure I can wait that long!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment