9 Weeks Old/2 Months Old
May 5-11
Riley continues to have more and more of a personality! Monday morning while we were cuddling and playing, he gave me a little giggle! We are seeing more and more smiles as well! He has been smiling for Mommy for awhile, but now he is starting to smile for others, too! He also had a bath Monday morning and he didn't scream!! The solution was to sing to him the entire time!
I can't believe I put away lots of Riley's newborn clothes already! Lots of the 0-3 month clothes is getting tight as well! I spent time this week re-organizing all of Riley's drawers and closet!
Wednesday was Ashby cleanup day! Dad came over to help clean out the garage! Riley was a good boy and took naps while Mommy worked! Riley watched some MN Twins with Grandpa!
Afterwards, we went to Fergus to eat some ribs at the Legion! Mike met us here!
Afterwards, we went to Fergus to eat some ribs at the Legion! Mike met us here!
Thursday was Riley's 2 month birthday! What a treasure he has been for the past 2 months! I love him more and more every day!
In the afternoon we went to a couple garage sales. Dad came along and sat in the car with Riley so I didn't have to lug him around and bring him in and out of the car so much. I got Riley a bunch of really nice clothes!
In the afternoon we went to a couple garage sales. Dad came along and sat in the car with Riley so I didn't have to lug him around and bring him in and out of the car so much. I got Riley a bunch of really nice clothes!
Friday was a very busy day! We got up super early, picked up Dad, and hit over 13 more garage sales in Alex! I got some amazing baby and toddler toys! I even got Riley a slide for outside!! In the afternoon we went to school for the spring concert! Riley met all of my first graders! They were beyond excited!!
Saturday Mike stayed home with Riley and I hit a few more sales with Linda, Jen, and Kyle! When I got home, I did an art project with Riley! A footprint project for Mother's Day! Riley didn't mind getting his foot painted blue! : )
Sunday was Mother's Day! My FIRST Mother's Day!! I got a card from Riley!
Riley gave me an extra special Mother's Day surprise before leaving for our picnic at Jen and Kyles--I wasn't laughing when it happened, but too funny of a Mother's Day story not to remember! I had Riley dressed up in a cute new outfit. We were minutes away from walking out the door...just a quick diaper change and we'd be ready--well, I soon found that Riley's diaper exploded and leaked all over his pants and onesie!!!! Second time this week that it happened...think we need bigger diapers!! What a mess! Well, got him all fixed up and once again, we were ready to go...that is before I looked down at myself and found poop smeared on MY white skirt!!!!! Oh, boy...the joys of being a mommy!! It's a roller coaster, BUT wouldn't trade it for the world!! Being Riley's mommy is by far the best thing that ever happened in my life! SO thankful for him!
At our Mother's Day picnic, Riley got to swing for the first time in his cousins outside swing! He loved it and fell asleep within minutes!!
Riley gave me an extra special Mother's Day surprise before leaving for our picnic at Jen and Kyles--I wasn't laughing when it happened, but too funny of a Mother's Day story not to remember! I had Riley dressed up in a cute new outfit. We were minutes away from walking out the door...just a quick diaper change and we'd be ready--well, I soon found that Riley's diaper exploded and leaked all over his pants and onesie!!!! Second time this week that it happened...think we need bigger diapers!! What a mess! Well, got him all fixed up and once again, we were ready to go...that is before I looked down at myself and found poop smeared on MY white skirt!!!!! Oh, boy...the joys of being a mommy!! It's a roller coaster, BUT wouldn't trade it for the world!! Being Riley's mommy is by far the best thing that ever happened in my life! SO thankful for him!
At our Mother's Day picnic, Riley got to swing for the first time in his cousins outside swing! He loved it and fell asleep within minutes!!
Weight: 15.8 lbs--(according to our scale) and 25 inches long. Pretty much everyone who sees him responds by saying, "Wow...he's a big guy!!"
Sleep: He has been a really good sleeper lately--one night he slept from 11:15 until 7:30! We are getting pretty close to sleeping through the nights!
Medical Issues: Healthy little guy!
Clothes: Pretty much 3 month clothes now! Newborn and 0-3 months is getting pretty tight!
Diet: 5 oz bottles
Baby Gear: Tried out the Jumperoo again. He liked it for a few minutes, but then fussed! He loved swinging in Maggie and Madalyn's outdoor swing!
Crying: Nothing too extreme!
Mommy and Daddy News:
Daddy is almost done with his awful work project!! Phew!
Mommy and Riley enjoyed going to some garage sales this week! I can't believe the awesome baby stuff that I've got for very little money. Brand new items for $1!! I can seriously get a dozen things for the price of one baby outfit in the store.
I love spending every moment of every day with my little honey! Looking forward to nicer weather so we can go on more walks outside!
Milestones:
SMILES and new sounds all the times!!!!!!! I think I heard a little giggle this week, too! Sleeping the night occasionally! Medical Issues: Healthy little guy!
Clothes: Pretty much 3 month clothes now! Newborn and 0-3 months is getting pretty tight!
Diet: 5 oz bottles
Baby Gear: Tried out the Jumperoo again. He liked it for a few minutes, but then fussed! He loved swinging in Maggie and Madalyn's outdoor swing!
Crying: Nothing too extreme!
Mommy and Daddy News:
Daddy is almost done with his awful work project!! Phew!
Mommy and Riley enjoyed going to some garage sales this week! I can't believe the awesome baby stuff that I've got for very little money. Brand new items for $1!! I can seriously get a dozen things for the price of one baby outfit in the store.
I love spending every moment of every day with my little honey! Looking forward to nicer weather so we can go on more walks outside!









No comments:
Post a Comment