Wednesday, April 23, 2014

6 Weeks Old

6 Weeks Old

April 13-19



This week was a lot of preparation for Easter!  It was also a little odd, because Mike got a new project at work that is keeping him at work for extremely long hours. There were a couple days that he didn't get home until 11p.m.  Not much fun, but Riley and I and the pets are doing our best being at home together.


LOVE this picture!  Riley and Bailey

Riley's sixth week began with me taking a trip to Fargo with Linda, Jen, and Missy in search of Riley's Easter outfit!  Riley stayed home with Daddy and the guys!  I found what I was looking for!!  However, even though I found a dressy outfit that was closer to his size, the pants were still too big!  Therefore, Tuesday we took a trip to Elbow Lake to see Great Auntie Oath.  She did us a BIG favor.  She hemmed Riley's black dress pants so he could wear them on Easter.



On Wednesday I broke down and dressed Riley in his 49ers outfit!  I did a little photo shoot with him to cheer Daddy up!  I have to admit, the pictures turned out pretty cute...not as cute as if he would have been  wearing purple and gold, but still pretty cute! ; )



On Thursday Riley and I ventured to Alex to do our Easter grocery shopping.  We stopped by to pick up Grandpa Dave.  He came with us and it was a huge help!  When I bustled here and there around the store, Grandpa Dave pushed the cart and kept Riley content! 


Friday was a VERY busy day of cooking and cleaning in preparation for our Saturday Easter guests.  Thankfully, Riley took some nice long naps which allowed me to get some things done.  Rewind back to that previous night--Riley slept 5 hours!!!  He  must have known how busy his mommy would be and that she needed rest!

Saturday was the Knutson/Mrnak Easter at our house!  It was a great day!  Prior to our guests coming, Mike's aunt and uncle--Darrell and Gail--stopped by to see Riley.  It was nice to see them. Riley got some adorable outfits and presents from them and from Mike's cousins. 

Around 2 oclock the rest of our guests came.  Dad, Baba, Owen, Jan, Dorothy, Darrell, Oath, Don, and Tracey all came to celebrate Riley's first Easter.  

All of our guests!

Dinner time!!

Mike, Riley, and I all matched in our cute Easter outfits.  We all wore black, white, and pink!  

Family picture

What a sweetheart!

Riley got several Easter presents from his family and enjoyed cuddling and taking pictures with everyone.  He got a gigantic blue bunny from Great Grandma, a cute little bunny and bibs from Dorothy and Darrell, a ball and sand toys from Jan and Owen, and a great book from Oath. No, not spoiled...just loved!! : )

Sunday morning Riley got his Easter basket from Mommy and Daddy...and the Easter bunny.  He got a stuffed lamb and chick, a couple outfits, a sports ball set, and a book.  



Then we were off to Kensington for Easter with the Wetterlings.  


Riley wore his adorably handsome purple and black dressy outfit!  CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!


We got some GREAT pictures of Riley with his cousins!!   I absolutely adore this picture!!! 




He got more Easter baskets from everyone.  Aunty Missy gave him his first pair of sunglasses!!  So cute!


Because the weather was over 70 degrees and beautiful, later in the afternoon we all decided to take a trip to Runestone Park!  We went for a long walk up the hill and enjoyed the fresh air! 

Riley with his cousins at Runestone Park! 
It was a great Easter.  Holidays are even more special when there is a precious little baby to share it with!!  

Weight: 14.8 lbs???  Again, this is with our home scale...I don't know how accurate it is!

Sleep: Still sleeping between 3 and 5 hours. 
 
Medical Issues:
He's a pretty healthy little guy!! 

Clothes:   Most newborn things are not fitting very well anymore! 

Visitors:  Many Easter guests!!! 

Visited:  Grandma and Grandpa Wetterlings for Easter!  Went to Walmart with Mommy and Grandpa!

Diet:  5 oz bottles...some 4 oz in between the 5 ouncers! 

Baby Gear:  Riley really likes his mobile that hangs by his changing  table.  He watches it and listens to it when getting changed!  We also discovered that the swing comes apart and can be used as a bouncy seat.  Riley really likes this feature!! : )



Crying:  Riley has been crying more, but as soon as I take him, he almost magically stops crying!  Good for me...bad for others!! 

Mommy and Daddy News:   

Daddy has been working A LOT! 
I was busy getting the house ready for Easter and tending to my little man.  Also making a point to exercise a bit every day!  It gives me energy and makes me feel GREAT!  Riley doesn't always like when I go on the treadmill, so early in the week I strapped on the baby carrier and he walked with me!  It worked well! 

Milestones: A growing boy!  Making new sounds all the time!  Doing longer tummy time, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment