- is the size of a honeydew: 17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up.
- is getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on his own.
- has skin that is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid.
- has a liver and kidneys that are in working order.
- has circulation and an immune system that are basically good to go!
36 Week Update
Well, it took 36 weeks, but this was the one week that I just didn't have a chance to take a picture! It was a busy week. It was our first 5 day school week since before Christmas. I'm definitely feeling more and more uncomfortable. It is extremely hard to get comfortable in bed especially. When I sit down on the couch, it is literally work to get up! Crazy!
This Thursday was especially difficult. It was parent-teacher conferences. These are always long days at school, but this time I scheduled all 13 of my conferences in one night! I did this for the simple reason of making sure I could be there for conferences. If Baby comes early, I didn't want to take the chance of being gone for half my conferences. They all went well, but I was beyond exhausted by the end of the night. I was basically talking for four hours straight. By the end of the night my chest just hurt, because it felt like I couldn't get enough breath in my lungs from talking so much. When I got home I pretty much collapsed on the couch and went to bed not long after that! I am relieved though that I got through them all and was able to talk with all the parents. Another great thing about conferences was that my long term sub was able to sit in on all of them. In between conferences I was also able to talk with her and explain a few things to her about my classroom. I printed off all the notes I wrote for her and she took them home. We are planning to have her come to my classroom next Thursday to shadow for an afternoon. I'm looking forward to that.
Friday was the last of my 2 week appointments--from there on out I will have appointments every week. This particular appointment was earlier than most--3:40! I left school around 3:05 and drove like mad to get to Fergus on time. I got there, went to check in, and then was blown away by what I heard next: "Oh, your appointment was canceled!!!!" WHAT? I could hardly believe what I was hearing! She said it was canceled January 20?!? Well, someone failed to notify me. I was beyond upset. I just stressed myself out and drove 50 miles for nothing!!!! ERRRRRR! Well, I don't know how or why the appointment got canceled, but it did. So now my next appointment will be next Wednesday!
Saturday was a GREAT day! Well, it was somewhat tiring, but it was a very productive day! Mike and I spent most of the day preparing for Baby!! He put together all of the baby shower items that we received. He also installed the car seat! I washed baby clothes, cleaned the house, and checked off several other things that I had on our to-do list! There are still a few things I would like to get done, but we got a big chunk of things crossed off the list!
![]() |
| Daddy putting things together! |
![]() |
| Pack and play all ready Baby! |
![]() |
| 1st load of baby laundry |
Sunday I went shopping with Kayla. I was a little nervous driving to St. Cloud by myself at 36 weeks pregnant, but I'm VERY glad I did. I had a great time catching up with Kayla. There was lots of baby talk and we even can both shop in the little boy's department together! : ) Our shopping ways have definitely changed...no longer shopping for cute outfits for ourselves...now we shop for things for our little boys! I picked up a few more things for the nursery when we were shopping!




No comments:
Post a Comment