Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 25

At 25 weeks, Baby
  • is the size of a cauliflower (13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds)
  • is enjoying a new sense of equilibrium -- now knows which way is up and which is down.
  • is growing more fat and more hair too!
25 weeks  11-23-13


25 Week Update

Well, this was the week that I turned in my official letter to the superintendent requesting maternity leave beginning March 1!  He said that he will bring it to the school board in December and then get in touch with me regarding the hunt for a long term sub!  That still makes me really nervous.  I just want to find a REALLY good replacement for my kidos! 

I didn't feel overly wonderful this week.  One of the pregnancy symptoms which I've been reading about for several weeks--but never experienced--snuck up on me this week--yes, yet another glamorous pregnancy component--none other than constipation!!  If my belly didn't feel full and tight enough to begin with, this nice component added to that feeling ten-fold and made me feel really icky--especially after eating.  I looked online for home remedies--number one remedy:  prunes! : )  I texted Mike on Thursday and told him to pick some up for me in Fergus.  Well, he brought me home prunes and prune juice....YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!!  Trying to chew down those prunes literally almost made me puke!  NOT GOOD!  I drank some prune juice a bit easier, but that was pretty nasty too.  Thankfully my doctor appointment was scheduled for the next day....hopefully the doctor would have a tastier remedy for the issue.

The doctor appointment went extremely well!  He actually answered some questions that have been bothering me, so I felt that it was a very worth-while appointment.  First of all, I have been so worried thinking that I am bigger than I should be at 25 weeks. I don't know why I've had this worry...I guess I just feel SO huge and it makes me think I'm too big for this early.  Anyways, the doctor measured the length of my belly bump and he said that my measurement was perfect for 25 weeks!  

I also got the information for the child birth classes that we need to take.  The next one is offered January 18--it is a one day-6 hour class.  I'm looking forward to it, because I really have no idea about child-birth and all the options, etc, so I want to learn about it and get the tour of the hospital, etc.  

The doctor also explained the glucose screening that will happen at my next appointment on December 13.  I've been worried about this quite a bit, too, but he said that in his opinion, I'm at very low risk for gestational diabetes.  I'm still nervous about this, but his comment made me feel a bit better.  

Finally, he gave me some solutions for my prune dilemma! ; )  He suggested a supplement that is safe to take when needed.  I took it and it helped, so I was grateful for his suggestion.

On Saturday we started to put up Christmas decorations!  I LOVE Christmas SO SO much.  The entire time I was decorating, I kept thinking what next year would be like...with 9 month old Baby Boy!  I can't wait!    

Next week is Thanksgiving break---that means a 2 day school week!!!!!!  YIPPEEEE!!  Looking forward to some rest...and on the other hand...looking forward to Black Friday...yes, I believe I am going!  How can't I?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment