- is the size of a cantaloupe: 10.5-to-11.8-inches, weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world.
- has skin that is gradually becoming more opaque.
- has a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.
| 24 weeks: 11-16-13 |
This week flew by! It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Baby continues to move around a lot and makes sleeping a bit more uncomfortable. My belly keeps growing! I continue to ask myself, "how in the world can my belly grow for another 3.5 months?!? I have this fear that Baby will come early...and that worries me, because March 1 through the end of May is 12 weeks and 12 weeks is the amount of maternity leave I can take. If he comes too early, I'll have to go back to work and get daycare for him before summer vacation. That worries me big time!
Daycare in general worries me BIG TIME. From the beginning we had the possibility of Mike's mom retiring and maybe doing daycare. Well, that is still a slight possibility, but it's not something we can rely on at this point. Of course a little over a year ago, Jen opened her daycare in Kensington...I thought that was the answer to my prayers...Baby could go to daycare with Auntie...but then she sold her daycare a few months before we became pregnant. There is still a daycare there, which would be ideal--blocks away from school--BUT I don't know this new lady. I know families who go there and they say she is pretty good, but is she??? I don't know. There is also the daycare in Hoffman where Maggie went when she was little. Jen had nothing but good things to say about her, BUT ?? Lastly, there is a Tae Kwon Do family that we know. This family home-schools their teen-aged kids and have done daycare in the past. Mike officially asked her this past Thursday if they would seriously be interested in doing daycare for us. Right now, after MUCH contemplation, I'm thinking this would be our best solution. I always kind of wanted daycare in the direction of my work...so I could drop Baby off and pick him up ASAP. However, if he was to go to Dalton to daycare with this family, he would have one on one attention all day long, he wouldn't get germs from other sick kids at daycare, and I know this family has good morals and would provide a safe and structured environment. Like I said, I'm really hoping this will work out. If they say no, then I'm going to be stressed out again and struggling to figure out the next best alternative. As much as I completely and utterly love teaching, I wish we were rich enough that I could just stay home with Baby. However, I am thankful to have the hours of a teacher--at least I will have summers with him.
Not too many things stand out this week. The Pooh rug that I ordered came in and I have that in our reading corner now!
I called the doctor on Friday, because I was wondering when I have to take the glucose tolerance test. Lots of people and articles online said that this test is supposed to happen right around this time...well, the doctor hadn't told me a thing about it yet, so I was concerned if I was supposed to schedule it myself or what the deal was with it?! I talked with the doctor's nurse and she said that this test would not be at next week's appointment, but during my December appointment. She said they would explain it all next Friday. I continue to be worried about that test! I hope I pass it and don't have to worry about gestational diabetes.
Saturday I went with Linda, Jen, and Missy to Fargo for a girls' day shopping. We went to several stores and I pretty much had a one track mind looking for baby stuff. I should have done more Christmas shopping, but didn't find much at all for that. I was excited to find the letters I was looking for at Michaels. I bought letters to put the baby's name on the wall in his room and also letters for the sign that will hang on his door. Now I just have to paint them and decide if I want to put them up right away and reveal his name early or maintain the secret until March. I had to hide the letters in the store and in the van so that Missy, Jen, and Linda didn't see the name! : ) Here's the hint that they got--there is a Y in the name!! : ) I also got some more maternity clothes!
Sunday after church we finished up registering. We registered at Walmart and Herbergers. I was sorta tired, so it wasn't as exciting as our first registering experience. Registering has been easy, except for one thing--the car seat and stroller!! I just can't decide what kind to get. I feel like this is one of the most important pieces for Baby and I want to get a good one, I want to get one where the carseat is compatible with the stroller, and I want a jogger stroller, but I also don't want to spend more than we have to. There are SO many different kinds--it really stresses me out. Tonight I'm going to sit down one more time and look over all the reviews and make a decision...hopefully!!
No comments:
Post a Comment