Sunday, June 22, 2014

15 Weeks Old

 15 Weeks Old

June 16-22




This was an eventful week for Riley and included lots of fun firsts!  

Tuesday Grandpa Dave bought a camper! Looks like Riley will become a little camper like his Wetterling relatives after all! 

Tuesday night Riley slept in his crib for the VERY FIRST TIME! I cried myself to sleep! I missed having him right next to me!  We had two monitors hooked up and I knew he would be fine in there, but it wasn't the same...I wasn't able to wake up in the middle of the night and peak over at him. 

After putting off the decision for three days, Friday we decided to go camp in Benson with the Wetterlings in Dad's new camper! 



The first day out there was a little rocky--I was freaked out about everything--too much sun, too many bugs, camp fire smoke--THAT on top of being exhausted from packing in so little timem was rough. I forgot Riley's swaddle sack at home, so Riley slept in his pack n play only in Jammies! Sleeping through the night for him didn't happen that first night. He woke up two times. After the second time, I just laid him next to me in bed and we napped together until morning! 


As tiring and frustrating as Friday was, Saturday was better! Riley went to the Benson Waterpark! He sat with Grandma and Grandpa Wetterling while mommy and daddy swam and went down the water slide! I wasn't quite ready to put him in a chlorinated, possibly germy pool.  We sat by the edge of the water and even walked under the little waterfall with Riley.  He didn't seem to mind that!  



 It is definitely hectic camping with an infant and two dogs, but it was pretty fun and we made lots of memories! 
However, always a good feeling to be back home!  When we got back home, I put a new pair of pajamas onto Riley--he's filling out 6 month pajamas fully!!



No comments:

Post a Comment